Sonic Youth - NYC Ghosts & Flowers flac album
Title: NYC Ghosts & Flowers
Style: Indie Rock
MP3 album: 1369 mb
FLAC album: 1642 mb
Other formats: DXD XM VOX MP3 WAV AAC ASF
NYC Ghosts & Flowers is the eleventh studio album by American rock band Sonic Youth, released on May 16, 2000 by DGC Records. The highly experimental album is considered to be a reaction to the theft of the band's instruments in July 1999, when several irreplaceable guitars and effects pedals were stolen. NYC Ghosts & Flowers was the first album since Bad Moon Rising in which the band used prepared guitar.
NYC Ghosts & Flowers. UMG (от лица компании "Geffen"); LatinAutor, Kobalt Music Publishing, AMRA" и другие авторские общества (3). Композиция. UMG (от лица компании "Geffen"); AMRA, LatinAutor, Kobalt Music Publishing" и другие авторские общества (2).
NYC Ghosts & Flowers Lyrics. When the phone rang, 3 in the morning Dead middle of night There was nothing on the line I set back the silent receiver Tiny flames lit in my head Hey did any of you freaks here ever remember Lenny? I can't remember his last name. Title track for the 2000 album, with free-form, beatnik-inspired poetry lyrics by lee Ranaldo, very similar to his published books. NYC Ghosts & Flowers" Track Info.
However, landmarks like NYC Ghosts & Flowers refocus our dislike with greater alacrity. Sonic Youth's umpteenth album wads everything we hate about New York into one convenient tissue. The only thing missing is the Mets. Sonic Youth remind us that white New Yorkers still grow soul-patches and goatees, wear berets and Rastafarian caps, dine on grilled tofu in an emulsification of goat butter and kumquat, and watch Dutch documentaries about fisting, thinking it's original, intellectual, or influential. These 40+ year olds continue to operate under the perception that they matter
NYC Ghosts & Flowers is a 2000 album by Sonic Youth. The album was a slight departure, mainly as a creative reaction to the theft of their instruments in July 1999. Irreplaceable guitars and effects pedals with numerous modifications were stolen.
This new style of clean production on NYC Ghosts & Flowers also differs from the group's early '90s sound partly attributed to Butch Vig on colorful albums such as Dirty and Experimental Jet Set, Trash & No Star, where Vig masterfully juxtaposed the group's knack for noise with his gift for salient production. Similar to Experimental Jet Set, Trash & No Star, Sonic Youth have again written a collection of shorter songs, focused primarily upon lyrics and song structuring rather than guitars
NYC Ghosts & Flowers is the eleventh studio album by American rock band Sonic Youth, released on May 16, 2000 by DGC Records. NYC Ghosts & Flowers. Studio album by. Sonic Youth.
Band Name Sonic Youth. Album Name NYC Ghosts & Flowers. 4. Small flowers crack concrete. 6. StreamXsonic Subway. 7. Other productions from Sonic Youth.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Free City Rhymes
Bass – Jim O'Rourke
|A2||Nevermind (What Was It Anyway?)
Guitar [Spacestatic] – Rafael Toral
|A3||Small Flowers Crack Concrete
Bass – Jim O'Rourke
Electronics – Jim O'RourkePercussion – William Winant
|B3||NYC Ghosts & Flowers||7:47|
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Published By – Sonik Tooth
- Manufactured By – Universal Music & Video Distribution, Inc.
- Distributed By – Universal Music & Video Distribution, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Geffen Records
- Copyright (c) – Geffen Records
- Lacquer Cut At – Sterling Sound
- Art Direction – Frank Olinsky
- Artwork [Video Still From "rock My Religion", 1980] – Dan Graham
- Illustration [Girl Drawing, 2000] – Kim Gordon
- Illustration [Spiral Drawing, Circa 1967] – D.A. Levy
- Lacquer Cut By [For Vinyl] – Ray Janos
- Management – G.A.S. Entertainment Co.
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Musician [Sonic Youth:] – Kim Gordon, Lee Ranaldo, Steve Shelley, Thurston Moore
- Painting [Flower Painting Iv, 1967] – Joe Brainard
- Painting [Untitled Painting, 1992] – Robert Mooney
- Painting [X-ray Man, 1992] – William S. Burroughs
- Photography By [Nyc Pix, 1998] – Lee Ranaldo
- Producer – Jim O'Rourke, Sonic Youth
- Recorded By – Wharton Tiers
- Recorded By [Additional], Mixed By [Additional] – Jim O'Rourke
- Written-By – Sonic Youth
NotesRecorded August 1999, NYC. Additional recording and mixing October 1999-February 2000, NYC. Mastered at Sterling Sound, February 2000.
Published by Sonik Tooth, administered by Zomba Songs, Inc/BMI.
Geffen Records 2220, Colorado Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90404.
Manufactured and distributed in the United States by Universal Music & Video Distribution, Inc.
℗ © 2000 Geffen Records.
Printed in the U.S.A.
Side A: 21'01 (on side A label, 'this')
Side B: 20'56 (on side A label, 'that')
Total time: 42'22
Comes with 10x10" colour printed photo/lyric sheet.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 606949065010
- Barcode (Printed): 6 06949 06501 0
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etchings Side A): 6-06949-0650-1-0A RJ
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Etchings Side B): 6-06949-0650-1-0B RJ
|069490650-2||Sonic Youth||NYC Ghosts & Flowers (CD, Album)||Geffen Records||069490650-2||US||2000|
|490 650-2||Sonic Youth||NYC Ghosts & Flowers (CD, Album)||Geffen Records||490 650-2||UK & Europe||2000|
|none||Sonic Youth||NYC Ghosts & Flowers (CDr, Album, Promo)||Geffen Records||none||US||2000|
|1478||Sonic Youth||NYC Ghosts & Flowers (Cass, Album, Unofficial)||Not On Label||1478||Russia||Unknown|
|490 650-2||Sonic Youth||NYC Ghosts & Flowers (CD, Album)||Geffen Records||490 650-2||Europe||2000|