Cecil Taylor - The Complete Remastered Recordings On Black Saint & Soul Note flac album
Title: The Complete Remastered Recordings On Black Saint & Soul Note
Style: Free Jazz, Free Improvisation
MP3 album: 1289 mb
FLAC album: 1671 mb
Other formats: RA TTA WAV AA DTS MPC MP4
Composer, t, and one of the founders of the AACM, Muhal Richard Abrams released eight fantastic albums for the Italian jazz label Black Saint/Soul Note.
Summer Song/Two/Evening 04. For Cecil Taylor CD2 - Bill Dixon in Italy - Volume 2 01. Sketch/Firenze 02. Summer Song/Two/Evening 03. Daybreak 04. Dusk 05. Dance Piece CD3 - November 1981 01. Webern. CD1 - Bill Dixon in Italy - Volume 1.
Diamond Master Series - Gerry Mulligan. Gerry Mulligan Quartet. The World of Cecil Taylor.
04 - For Cecil Taylor. 03 - Summer Song - Two - Evening. 01 - Summer Song - One - Morning. Bill Dixon in Italy - Volume 1 (Black Saint, 1980 - 2010 remaster). Bill Dixon in Italy - Volume 1 (Soul Note, 1980 - 2010 remaster).
This album is sometimes reminiscent of Mingus (whom Pullen Played with) in the way in which Harrison and Dara incorporate their sound with Pullen's tightly played notes. This particular blend of musicians seem to coalesce into a good sounding album ("In The Beginning", "Gratitude", "All Is Well") of music.
As Black Saint and Soul Note continue their boxed set "Complete Recordings Of" series in 2011, this volume by Lester Bowie is one of the most diverse. Containing three discs cut over a decade, it reflects the numerous dimensions in Bowie's musical persona, from fiery improviser to post-modern formalist and engaged ensemble member, and above all, his love for the entire jazz, blues, and gospel music traditions. It's the only title here that showcases Bowie actually leading an ensemble under his own name. His session personnel for the date were saxophonist Arthur Blythe, pianist Amina Claudine Myers (who also sings on the rousing gospel-jazz of "God Has Smiled on Me"), bassist Malachi Favors, and drummer Philip Wilson.
The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady Progressive Big Band CHARLES MINGUS. Round About Midnight (aka Miles Davis) Hard Bop MILES DAVIS.
The Complete Remastered Recordings On Black Saint & Soul Note. The Definitive Studio Album Collection.
Cam Jazz reissue the complete Black Saint and Soul Note works of Sun Ra in hisexemplary series of boxed sets dedicated to the catalogues of the legendary Italian labels. This set contains four albums in slipcases with original album artwork, housed in a sturdy box. Reflections in Blue One of the finest Sun Ra recordings from his final years, this effort is particularly recommended due to the many Ra keyboard solos and John Gilmore features, the latter of which include a tenor showcase on "Opus In Springtime.
|Cecil Taylor Segments II (Orchestra Of Two Continents) " Winged Serpent (Sliding Quadrants) " ( 1985 )|
|1-2||Womb Waters Scent Of The Burning Armadillo Shell||13:04|
|Max Roach And Cecil Taylor " Historic Concerts " ( Set 1 ) ( 1984 )|
|2-4||Duets - Part I||40:04|
|Max Roach And Cecil Taylor " Historic Concerts " ( Set 2 ) ( 1984 )|
|3-1||Duets - Part II||38:32|
|3-2||Interviews - Part I||9:36|
|3-3||Interviews - Part II||7:14|
|Cecil Taylor " Olu Iwa " ( 1986 )|
|4-1||B Ee Ba Nganga Ban'a Eee! ( Cecil Taylor Unit )||48:21|
|4-2||Olu Iwa ( Cecil Taylor Quartet )||27:09|
|Cecil Taylor " Olim " ( 1987 )|
|5-2||Glossalalia - Part Four||5:44|
|5-3||Mirror And Water Gazing||4:01|
|5-4||Living - Dedicated To Julian Beck||6:59|
|5-5||For The Death||1:33|
|5-6||For The Rabbit||3:41|
|5-7||For The Water Dog||1:44|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CAM London Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – CAM London Ltd.
- Recorded At – Studio 7, Milano
- Mixed At – Bob Studio
- Recorded At – Mc Millin Theatre Columbia U., New York City
- Recorded At – Akademie der Künste, Berlin
- Mastered At – PhonoComp
- Alto Saxophone, Voice – Jimmy Lyons (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Voice – Gunter Hampel (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Bass – William Parker (tracks: 4-1, 4-2)
- Bass, Voice – William Parker (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Bassoon, Voice – Karen Borca (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Drums – Steve McCall (tracks: 4-1, 4-2)
- Drums, Percussion, Voice – Andre Martinez (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Drums, Voice – Rashied Bakr* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Engineer – Jost Gebers (tracks: 4-1 to 5-8), Peter Khun (tracks: 2-1 to 3-3)
- Marimba, Percussion – Thurman Barker (tracks: 4-1, 4-2)
- Mastered By – Gennaro Carone (tracks: 4-1, 4-2)
- Mixed By – Giancarlo Barigozzi (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Percussion, Producer – Max Roach (tracks: 2-1 to 3-3)
- Piano, Composed By – Cecil Taylor (tracks: 1-1 to 5-8)
- Producer – Giovanni Bonandrini (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4, 4-1 to 5-8)
- Recorded By – Franco Zorzi (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Tenor Saxophone – Frank Wright (tracks: 4-1)
- Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Voice – John Tchicai (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Tenor Saxophone, Tárogató – Peter Brötzmann (tracks: 4-1)
- Tenor Saxophone, Voice – Frank Wright (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Trombone – Earl McIntyre (tracks: 4-1)
- Trumpet, Voice – Enrico Rava (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4), Tomasz Stańko (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
- Voice – Cecil Taylor (tracks: 1-1 to 1-4)
NotesTracks 1-1 to 1-4 recorded at Studio 7, Milano on October 22, 23 and 24, 1984. Mixed at Bob Studio, Milano on March 27, 1985.
Tracks 2-1 to 3-3 recorded at Mc Millin Theatre Columbia U., New York City on December 15, 1979.
Track 4-1 & 4-2 recorded live during the "Workshop Freie Musik 1986" - a festival of Improvised Music since 1969, organized and produced by FMP/Free Music Production-at the Academy of Arts, Berlin, Germany. Mastered at PhonoComp S.p.A.
Tracks 5-1 to 5-8 recorded live on 9 April 1986 during the "Workshop Freie Music 1986" at the Academy Of Arts, Berlin, Germany.
5 CDs in a cardboard box.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8024709114129