Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble - Heliopolis flac album
Style: Free Improvisation, Avant-garde Jazz
MP3 album: 1808 mb
FLAC album: 1514 mb
Other formats: MOD AC3 AAC VOC FLAC XM ASF
Genre: Jazz / Folk / World music
Filed under World Fusion By SALAH RAGAB AND THE CAIRO JAZZ BAND. Heliopolis (as Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble) Contents.
Another essential offering from Egypt, the Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble was formed by Salah Ragab and Hartmut Geerken. One of the only efforts of its kind to have existed in the country, their sole album Heliopolis - issued in 1970, is a stunning display of a sonic reality which remains almost entirely unknown. Enabled by Geerken’s connections with the Goethe-Institut in Cairo, original copies are as rare as they come - among the most sought after in the canon of recorded jazz
Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble. Original 1970 LP produced by the Deutsches Kulturinstitut, Goethe Intitut, Cairo
Music By – Eduard Vizvari. 7. –The Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble. Music For Angela Davis. Alto Saxophone, Percussion – Farouk Abdel RahmanBass, Percussion – Abdel Hakim El Zamel, Moohi El Din Osman Conductor, Gong, Percussion, Music By – Hartmut GeerkenDrums – Salah RagabTenor Saxophone, Percussion – Fathi Abdel Salam Trombone, Percussion – Mahmoud Ayoub, Sadeek Basyouni Trumpet, Percussion – Ibrahim Wagdi, Khalifa Ismail Tuba, Percussion – Mohammed Abdel Rahman. Companies, etc. Recorded At – استوديو النهار.
Songs played include Free Together. Original source Last. Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble,Sagittarius A-Star,2010.
There are no setlists by The Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble on setlist. fm yet. You could help us by adding a first setlist. Gigs seen live by. Nobody has seen The Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble live yet! Last updated: 30 Mar 2019, 10:30 Etc/UTC.
Heliopolis was a suburb outside Cairo, Egypt, which has since merged with Cairo as a district of the city and is one of the more affluent areas of Cairo. It is the location of the Cairo International Airport. The population of Heliopolis is estimated at some 142,968 individuals (2016).
The Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble. Discography . Songs .
|A1||Liberty For Iratilim||20:18|
|B2||Diagnosis For Percussion||7:02|
- Manufactured By – Sono Cairo
- Alto Saxophone, Drum [Ramadan Drum], Cymbal, Rattle [Mokkatam Pod Rattles] – Farouk Abdel Rahman
- Bagpipes – Abdel Ghani Metawally, Ahmed Kollaly, Rofaeel Francis
- Baritone Saxophone, Drum [Ramadan Drum], Cymbal, Rattle [Mokkatam Pod Rattles] – Abdel Hakim Zamel*
- Bass, Strings, Other [Wood] – Moohi El-Din Osman*
- Drums, Congas, Tambourine – Salah Ahmed Ragab*
- Engineer – Joseph Hermeling
- Piano, Marimba [Xylomarimba], Gong, Cymbal, Chimes [Tubular Chimes], Bells [Fire-brigade Bell, Camel Bells, Horse Bells], Temple Block, Bendir, Congas, Maracas, Other [Thunder Sheet, Toy Car Producing The Sound Of A Siren], Composed By – Hartmut Geerken
- Tenor Saxophone, Congas, Cymbal, Rattle [Mokkatam Pod Ratttles] – Fathi Abdel Salam*
- Trombone, Congas, Cymbal, Rattle [Mokkatam Pod Rattles] – Mahmoud Ayoub
- Trombone, Drum [Zebra Drum], Gong [Small Gong], Bells [Horse Bells] – Sadeek Bassouni*
- Trumpet, Drum [Hand Drum], Bendir, Bells [Small Bell] – Khalifa Ismail
- Trumpet, Drum [Hand Drum], Goblet Drum [Darabukka], Bells [Horse Bells] – Ibrahim Wagdi
- Tuba, Drum [African Tin Drum, African Wooden Drum], Tambourine – Mohammed Abdel Rahman*
NotesRecorded on March 31 & April 01, 1970 at Deutsches Kulturinstitut, Cairo, Egypt.
|7037080, ٧٠٣٧٠٨٠||Cairo Free Jazz Ensemble*||Heliopolis (LP, Album, Unofficial)||Goethe-Institut , Goethe-Institut||7037080, ٧٠٣٧٠٨٠||Germany||2017|