The Pharaohs - In The Basement flac album
Title: In The Basement
MP3 album: 1183 mb
FLAC album: 1679 mb
Other formats: WAV VQF VOC AUD ASF MP3 XM
Genre: Jazz / Funk
In the Basement is a live album by The Pharaohs which was released on the Luv N' Haight record label in 1972. In the Basement" (Pharaohs, Whitehead) 10:50. People Make the World Go Round" (Bell, Creed) 11:18. Afican Roots" (Brown, Brown) 7:57. The Pharaohs Love Y'All" (Handy, Pharaohs, Satterfield, Walker) 5:09. Drum Suite" (Gogins, Nails, Nalls, Pharaohs, Walker) 10:49. Love and Happiness" (Al Green, Teenie Hodges) 3:01.
Most of this album was recorded live in 1972, after the already enormous 11-piece band had grown to include four more players, including a sixth drummer.
In the Basement by The Pharaohs, released 19 January 2016 1. In the Basement 2. People Make the World Go 'Round 3. African Roots 4. Tha Pharaohs Love Y'all 5. Drum Suite 6. Love and Happiness. Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Purchasable with gift card. 1. In the Basement 10:50. 2. People Make the World Go 'Round 11:18.
Features Song Lyrics for The Pharaohs's In the Basement album. The Pharaohs - In the Basement Album Lyrics. The Pharaohs Love Y'all Lyrics. The Pharaohs Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. Do you like this album?
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). 30. In the Basement. People Make the World Go "Round.
The Pharaohs, an American soul/jazz/funk group, were formed in 1962 out of a student band, The Jazzmen, at Crane Junior College in Chicago, Illinois. This early incarnation comprised Louis Satterfield on trombone, Charles Handy on trumpet, and Don Myrick on alto saxophone. They were joined by Fred Humphrey on piano, Ernest McCarthy on bass guitar and Maurice White on drums. Satterfield, White, and Handy were studio musicians at Chess Records in Chicago.
12" Vinyl lp US. Luv N Haight, lhlp026. Luv N Haight, lhlp025.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||In The Basement
Written-By – D. Whitehead*, The Pharaohs
|2||People Make The World Go 'Round
Written-By – L. Creed*, T. Bell*
Written By – L. Brown, T. Brown
|4||Tha Pharaohs Love Y'all
Drum [Quinto], Alto Saxophone – Black Herman (Waterford)*Drums [African], Congas [Tumba], Flute, Congas – Derf Reklaw Raheem (Fred Walker)*Drums [Trap], Congas [Tumba] – Alious (Watkins)*Guitar – Yehudah Ben Israel*Trumpet, Horn [Peck], Shawm [Africa Shawm], Flugelhorn, Percussion, Vocals – (Charlesleesunnychukkiyahuhandyki)*Tuba, Tambourine, Baritone Horn, Cowbell, Vocals – Aaron DoddWritten-By – C. Handy*, F. Walker*, L. Satterfield*, The Pharaohs
Written-By – A. Nalls*, F. Walker*, L. Gogins*, The Pharaohs
|CD Bonus Track|
|6||Love And Happiness
Drum [Quinto], Alto Saxophone – Black Herman (Waterford)*Drums [African], Congas [Tumba], Flute, Congas – Derf Reklaw Raheem (Fred Walker)*Drums [Trap], Congas [Tumba] – Alious (Watkins)*Guitar – Yehudah Ben Israel*Trumpet, Horn [Peck], Shawm [Africa Shawm], Flugelhorn, Percussion, Vocals – (Charlesleesunnychukkiyahuhandyki)*Tuba, Tambourine, Baritone Horn, Cowbell, Vocals – Aaron DoddWritten-By – A. Green*, B. Hodges*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ubiquity Recordings, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Ubiquity Recordings, Inc.
- Recorded At – The High Chaparral, Chicago, IL
- Mastered At – Fantasy Studios
- Glass Mastered At – Nimbus
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone, Flute, Cowbell – Don "Hippmo" (Myrick)*
- Artwork [True Artist, Creator Of The Pharaohs Logo] – Berry Horton
- Bass, Cowbell, Vocals – Ealee Satterfield*
- Design – Christie Rixford
- Drum [Quinto], Congas – Kewu Oya (Gogins)*
- Drums [African], Congas [Tumba], Gong, Vocals – Shango Njoko Adefumi*
- Drums [African], Cowbell, Congas, Tambourine – Oye Bisi (Nalls)*
- Drums [Trap] – Derrick Morris
- Engineer [Mix] – Gary McLaughlin
- Guitar – Warren Bingham
- Lead Vocals – Sulanya (Sue Conway)*
- Liner Notes – Caspar Melville
- Mastered By – George Horn
- Mixed By – Ealee Satterfield (Lui Lui)*
- Producer – E. Rodney Jones, Hillery Johnson, The Pharaohs
- Trombone, Bassoon, Baritone Horn, Flute [Indian Snake Charmer's Flute] – (Big) Willie Woods*
- Trumpet – Rahm Lee (Davis)*
NotesTracks 1, 2, 3 , 5: Recorded live at High Chaparral, Chicago
Track 4: Found on the original master tapes for "The Awakening" album
Track 6: Taken from SCARAB RECORDS 45rpm / B side "Freedom Road"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 780661002628
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored): LHCD 026 [Nimbus Logo]
- Mastering SID Code (Mirrored, repeated x2): IFPI L126
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 4M01
|LHCD026||The Pharaohs||In The Basement (CD, Album)||Luv N' Haight||LHCD026||US||1996|
|LHLP026||The Pharaohs||In The Basement (LP, Album, TP)||Luv N' Haight||LHLP026||US||1996|
|LHLP026||The Pharaohs||In The Basement (LP, Album)||Luv N' Haight||LHLP026||US||1997|
|none||The Pharaohs||In The Basement (6xFile, ALAC, Album, RE)||Ubiquity Recordings, Inc.||none||US||2016|
|LHLP026||The Pharaohs||In The Basement (LP, Album, TP)||Luv N' Haight||LHLP026||US||1997|