The Fall - Slates flac album
Style: New Wave, Punk, Post-Punk
MP3 album: 1428 mb
FLAC album: 1308 mb
Other formats: FLAC MOD MP4 APE MIDI MPC MP2
Slates is an EP by the Fall, released on 27 April 1981 by Rough Trade Records. Slates was released on 27 April 1981. Containing six tracks and pressed onto 10" vinyl, it was eligible for neither the single nor album charts, being too long for the former and too short for the latter
Released April 24, 1981. 1. Middle Mass Lyrics. 2. An Older Lover Etc.
4. Fit And Working Again. 5. Slates, Slags Et. .More albums from The Fall: Live 1977 by The Fall. The Fall Live In Clitheroe by The Fall. Two Sides Of Laraaji by The Fall. 15 Ways To Leave Your Man by The Fall. Rollcage by The Fall.
Long-heralded by fans as The Fall’s best work, Slates is nothing that would win them new garrisons, solidify their place in the armpit of the underground, or even get the layman to brand them as remotely ‘good. What it is, is another ragged breath from the mouths of the unwanted, another set that made the Sex Pistols seem like brats, the Clash a bunch of frivolously liberated kids, the Damned like a painted horrorshow; another set that crawled from factory muck to bring you England’s best sneer, out of some teeth-gnashing corner, un-prim and snug, someplace halfway.
Originally released as a 10 inch mini album by Rough Trade in April 1981. Matrix, Runout: 50507 494 100-6 01 52316497. Other Versions (5 of 5) View All. Cat.
Originally released in a time when "neither an EP nor an LP" was different and not a marketing gimmick, 1981's Slates was issued as a 10", but its six tight songs didn't have that key track to make it as revered as other Fall releases of the time.
Slates/A Part of America Therein (1981). The Fall’s debut full-length album was recorded in one breathless day, and the sloppiness shows. But there were more ideas on this album than there are in some other bands’ entire discographies.
File:The Fall Slates. Non-free media information and use rationale – non-free album cover true for Slates (album). This is the cover art for the album Slates by the artist The Fall. 0006HBZUQ/ref sr 1 8?ie UTF8&s music&qid 1173387184&sr 8-8.
Slates, Slags et. betrays MES' love for The Stooges and the band more than live up to their influence. Fit and Working Again" and "Middle Mass" are well above their usual standard of great. That leaves us with "An Older Lover et. which is your average.
|A2||An Older Lover Etc.|
|A3||Prole Art Threat|
|B1||Fit And Working Again|
|B2||Slates, Slags Etc.|
|B3||Leave The Capitol|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mark E. Smith
- Copyright (c) – Mark E. Smith
- Licensed To – Sanctuary Records Group Ltd.
- Licensed From – Sanctuary Records Group Ltd.
- Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals – Hanley (S)*
- Clarinet, Vocals – Dave Tucker
- Drums, Percussion – Hanley (P)*
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Piano – Scanlan*
- Electric Guitar, Electric Piano, Vocals – Riley*
- Engineer – Bob , Nobby Turner
- Producer – Sherwood (A)* (tracks: A1), Travis* (tracks: A1), Showbiz* (tracks: A2, A3, B1 to B3)
- Vocals, Kazoo – K. C.*
- Vocals, Piano, Harmonica – Smith*
NotesOriginally released in 1981.
Includes folded sheet with liner notes by WFMU music director Brian Turner.
Part of Superior Viaduct's Fall vinyl reissues series.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 855985006147
- Matrix / Runout (Side A - hand-etched): SV-114-A ⋊
- Matrix / Runout (Side B - hand-etched): SV-114-B ⋊
|RTO 71||The Fall||Slates (10", MiniAlbum)||Rough Trade||RTO 71||UK||1981|
|RT 071||The Fall||Slates (10", MiniAlbum, W/Lbl)||Rough Trade||RT 071||UK||1981|
|TRADE THREE 10, RTO 71||The Fall||Slates (10", MiniAlbum)||Rough Trade, Rough Trade||TRADE THREE 10, RTO 71||US||1981|
|06076-81350-2||The Fall||Slates (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Castle Music||06076-81350-2||US||Unknown|
|CMRCD1006||The Fall||Slates (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Castle Music||CMRCD1006||Europe||2004|