Robert Fripp & David Sylvian - Tokyo 1993 flac album
Title: Tokyo 1993
MP3 album: 1741 mb
FLAC album: 1363 mb
Other formats: AAC MMF WMA MIDI RA VOX VOC
Genre: Rock / Pop
The First Day is the first of three collaborations between British musicians David Sylvian and Robert Fripp. It was released in July 1993 and the aggressive rock style was something of a departure from David Sylvian’s usual work. After scattered collaborations from the late 1980s, Fripp had asked Sylvian to join a new version of progressive rock stalwarts King Crimson, then on hiatus
David Sylvian & Robert Fripp Lyrics provided by SongLyrics. All Music News . Popular David Sylvian & Robert Fripp Lyrics.
Complete Album stats. David Sylvian & Robert Fripp Sendai Shimin Kaikan, Sendai - Oct 17, 1993 Oct 17 1993. Last updated: 7 May 2019, 03:19 Etc/UTC.
David Sylvian - vocals, guitar, keyboards, tapes Robert Fripp - guitar, frippertronics Trey Gunn - stick, vocals Pat Mastelotto - drums Michael Brook - guitar. Video: NTSC, 4:3, 704x480, 2. 7fps, ave. bitrate 5812kbps Audio: AC3, 6 channels (3/2. 1), total bitrate 320kbps @ 48kHz Length: 1:26:10 Menus and chapters.
Read about Gone to Heart from David Sylvian & Robert Fripp's 1993-10-06: A New Dream: Nakano Sun Plaza Hall, Tokyo, Japan and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. 1993-10-06: A New Dream: Nakano Sun Plaza Hall, Tokyo, Japan. David Sylvian & Robert Fripp.
Not On Label (David Sylvian & Robert Fripp) – Sirene-144. Format: CDr, Unofficial Release. Live at Stadsschouwburg, Sittard,Netherland 20th November 1993.
All songs by David Sylvian music & lyrics, Robert Fripp music, and Trey Gunn music, except where noted. God's Monkey" David Bottrill, Fripp, Gunn, Sylvian - 4:58. Jean the Birdman" - 4:09. Brightness Falls" - 6:05. 20th Century Dreaming A Shaman's Song" - 11:50. Darshan The Road to Graceland" Bottrill, Fripp, Gunn, Sylvian - 17:17. Bringing Down the Light" Fripp - 8:31
Damage is derived from the closing shows of the 1993 Road to Graceland tour, which heralded the collaborative reunion of King Crimson's Robert Fripp (guitar) with David Sylvian (als), the former leader of Japan. This hour-plus set finds Sylvian in tremendous voice and Fripp sonically enveloping spaces and respecting silences in a bout of well-manicured fretwork. The pair is augmented by soon-to-be Krim members Pat Mastelotto (drums) and Trey Gunn (Chapman stick/vocals) as well as former Martha & the Muffins axeman Michael Brook (guitar).
|1-3||Every Colour You Are||5:46|
|1-4||Jean The Birdman||3:57|
|1-8||Gone To Earth||2:23|
|1-9||20th Century Dreaming||8:43|
|2-4||The First Day||5:21|
|2-5||Blinding Light Of Heaven||4:09|
- Manufactured By – Opti.Me.S. – 991959017388
- Manufactured By – Opti.Me.S. – 991959017389
- Recorded At – Nakano Sun Plaza
- Performer [Grand Stick] – Trey Gunn
- Performer, Drums – Pat Mastelotto
- Performer, Guitar – Michael Brook
- Performer, Guitar [Guitars] – Robert Fripp
- Performer, Guitar, Vocals – David Sylvian
- Written-By – Bottrill* (tracks: 1-1, 2-3), Sylvian* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 1-8 to 2-5), Peter Gabriel, Fripp* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 2-3 to 2-5), Gunn* (tracks: 1-1, 1-2, 1-4, 1-5, 1-9, 2-3, 2-5)
NotesRecorded live at the Nakano Sun Plaza Hall, Tokyo, October 26th 1993.
Made in Italy
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 8 014224 525227
- Rights Society: SIAE
- Other (Catalogue Number CD1): LSCD 52522/1
- Other (Catalogue Number CD2): LSCD 52522/2
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): MANUFACTURED IN ITALY BY OPTI.ME.S. 991959017388 1411-B
- Matrix / Runout (CD2): MANUFACTURED IN ITALY BY OPTI.ME.S. 991959017389 1411-A