Brahms / Dvořák, London Symphony, Kertesz - Serenade No. 2 In A, Op. 16 / Serenade For Wind, Op. 44 flac album
Title: Serenade No. 2 In A, Op. 16 / Serenade For Wind, Op. 44
MP3 album: 1544 mb
FLAC album: 1403 mb
Other formats: RA WMA APE FLAC DTS MIDI VOX
Brahms, Dvořák, London Symphony, Kertesz – Serenade No. 2 In A, Op. 16, Serenade For Wind, Op. 44. Label: Decca – SXL 6368. Brahms, Istvan Kertesz Conducting The London Symphony Orchestra. Serenade No. 16. A1. – Allegro Moderato. A2. – Scherzo, Vivace. A3. – Adagio Non Troppo. A4. – Quasi Menuetto. A5. – Rondo, Allegro. Dvořák, Istvan Kertesz Conducting Members Of The London Symphony Orchestra. Serenade For 10 Wind Instruments, Cello And Bass In D Minor, Op. B1. – Moderato, Quasi Marcia.
István Kertész (28 August 1929 – 16 April 1973) was an internationally acclaimed Jewish Hungarian orchestral and operatic conductor who, throughout his brief but distinguished career led many of the world's great orchestras, including the Cleveland, Chicago, Philadelphia, New York, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Detroit, San Francisco and Minnesota Orchestras in the United States, as well as the London Symphony, Vienna Philharmonic, Berlin Philharmonic . Brahms, Serenade No. 2 in A major, Op. 16, London Symphony Orchestra (1967), DECCA SXL 6368. Brahms, Symphony No. 1 in C minor, Op. 68, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra (1973), DECCA SXL 6675. 2 in D major, Op. 73, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra (1964), DECCA SXL 6172. 3 in F major, Op. 90, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra (1973), DECCA SXL 6677.
The two Serenades, Op. 11 and 16, represented two of the earliest efforts by Johannes Brahms to write orchestral music.
The equally exquisite Serenade No 2, unusually scored for wind instruments, violas, cellos and double basses, was one of his own personal favourites and both receive superb performances under Bernard Haitink in the third part of his internationally acclaimed LSO Live Brahms cycle. a really beautiful performance of the second serenade. A delight - this seems to me a new benchmark. It goes without saying that the playing is excellent: the LSO can probably play Brahms symphonies in its collective sleep
Symphony N. in D, O. 3. 1. Allegro non troppo. Vladimir Ashkenazy, Cleveland Orchestra. 2. Adagio non troppo - L'istesso tempo, ma grazioso.
Album · 1990 · 9 Songs. Symphony No. 73: IV. Allegretto con spirito. Alexander Rahbari & Belgian Radio and Television Philharmonic Orchestra. 5. 16: I. Allegro moderato.
In Serenade N. a 20-year-old Brahms chooses to omit violins, creating an unusually dark sound, while the lively style of Schuberts Symphony N. seems to reflect the composers youthful exuberance. Tracklist: Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, D. 485 By Franz Schubert I. Allegro (Live) II. Andante con moto (Live) III. Menuetto. Allegro molto (Live) IV. Allegro vivace (Live). 16 By Johannes Brahms I. Allegro moderato (Live) II. Scherzo.
Tempo Di Valse from Antonín Dvořák's Dvorak: Serenades for Strings for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. 16: Rondo (Allegro). The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I: No. 1 in C major, BWV 846. Johann Sebastian Bach. Quintet for Oboe, Violin, Viola & Cello in F major, K. 368b/370: II. Adagio. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Concerto No. 3 in E-flat major for Horn, K. 447: I. Allegro. Symphony N. in E minor,Op. 95 "From the New World" - 1. Adagio - Allegro molto. No. 2: Allegretto in G major, B. 109/4.
|–Brahms*, Istvan Kertesz* Conducting The London Symphony Orchestra*||Serenade No. 2 In A, Op. 16|
|A3||–||Adagio Non Troppo|
|–Dvořák*, Istvan Kertesz* Conducting Members Of The London Symphony Orchestra||Serenade For 10 Wind Instruments, Cello And Bass In D Minor, Op. 44|
|B1||–||Moderato, Quasi Marcia|
|B3||–||Andante Con Moto|
|B4||–||Finale, Allegro Molto|
- Recorded At – Kingsway Hall
- Mastered At – Decca Studios
- Pressed By – Decca Record Co. Ltd., Pressing Plant, UK.
- Printed By – Clout & Baker Ltd.
- Made By – The Decca Record Company Limited
- Copyright (c) – The Decca Record Company Limited
- Composed By – Dvořák* (tracks: B1 to B4), Brahms* (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Conductor – Istvan Kertesz*
- Cover ["Moonrise On Sea"] – Caspar David Friedrich
- Engineer [Uncredited] – Kenneth Wilkinson
- Mastered By – W
- Orchestra – Members Of The London Symphony Orchestra (tracks: B1 to B4), London Symphony Orchestra* (tracks: A1 to A5)
- Photography By – A. Altaffer*
- Producer [Uncredited] – Erik Smith
- Sleeve Notes – Robin Golding
NotesThis is the first UK version for this Category.
This LP was most probably not released with the ED1 label.
There is a very similar version with ED3 labels and no tax code on labels.
- Black/silver 'grooved wideband' labels
- "MADE IN ENGLAND BY" at 11 o'clock
- "℗ 1968" at bottom
- Decca 'Musical Notes' logo on both sides
- Tax code "J/T"
- Matrix numbers printed upside-down
- Front laminated
- No flipbacks
- Bold "STEREO" on spine
- "(also available in Mono)" below Category on back
- "© 1968, The Decca Record Company Limited, London"
- "Printed in England by Clout & Baker Ltd."
- "Laminated with 'Clarifoil' made by British Celanese Limited"
- Sleeve notes in English only on back
- SXL 6368 on sleeve
- SXL.6368 on labels
- Tracks A1 to A5 (Brahms) recorded 2 & 6 December 1967 in Kingsway Hall, London
- Tracks B1 to B4 (Dvořák) recorded 10 - 11 May 1968 in Kingsway Hall, London
- Labelography code: ED2
- Corresponding mono issue has Category LXT 6368
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A - stamped): ZAL-8374-1W C JT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B - stamped): ZAL-8375-1W C JT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label - side A): ZAL.8374
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label - side B): ZAL.8375
- Other (Tax code on labels): J/T
|SXL 6368, SXL.6368||Brahms* / Dvořák*, London Symphony*, Kertesz*||Brahms* / Dvořák*, London Symphony*, Kertesz* - Serenade No. 2 In A, Op. 16 / Serenade For Wind, Op. 44 (LP)||Decca, Decca||SXL 6368, SXL.6368||UK||1969|
|L 80224||István Kertész, The London Symphony Orchestra, Johannes Brahms / Antonín Dvořák||István Kertész, The London Symphony Orchestra, Johannes Brahms / Antonín Dvořák - Serenade No. 2 In A, Op. 16 / Serenade For Wind Instruments (Reel, 4tr Stereo, 7" Reel, Album)||London Records||L 80224||US||Unknown|
|SXL 6368||Brahms* / Dvořák*, London Symphony*, Kertesz*||Brahms* / Dvořák*, London Symphony*, Kertesz* - Serenade No. 2 In A, Op. 16 / Serenade For Wind, Op. 44 (LP)||Decca||SXL 6368||UK||1971|
|WD 2719||Brahms* / Dvořák*, London Symphony*, Kertesz*||Brahms* / Dvořák*, London Symphony*, Kertesz* - Serenade No. 2 In A, Op. 16 / Serenade For Wind, Op. 44 (LP)||Decca, World Record Club||WD 2719||New Zealand||1979|
|JB 87||Brahms* / Dvořák* – London Symphony Orchestra*, Istvan Kertesz*||Brahms* / Dvořák* – London Symphony Orchestra*, Istvan Kertesz* - Serenade No. 2 In A Major, Op. 16 / Serenade In D Minor, Op. 44 (LP, RE, RP)||Decca||JB 87||UK||Unknown|