The Chills - Silver Bullets flac album
Title: Silver Bullets
Style: Alternative Rock
MP3 album: 1617 mb
FLAC album: 1709 mb
Other formats: VQF MMF MP3 MOD DMF AU TTA
The Chills return with their first new album in nearly two decades, a terrific set of power pop numbers that easily stands among their best work. That song is reprised at the end of Silver Bullets, the first Chills album since 1996 and another great record in a year brimming with superb reunion albums. The record’s relative consistency proves that Phillipps has retained much of what made him such an engaging creative force in the 80s and 90s as he leads a band that has become the group’s longest running lineup. This is reaffirmed by the album’s first song, the downtempo Warm Waveform, which follows an atmospheric introductory track.
Much of Silver Bullets strikes this kind of oppositional stance, Phillipps positioning himself as a kind of kiwi pop Tom Joad, pushing back against larger forces that threaten to swallow the less-fortunate whole. Often, the political is personal: on the roaring "I Can’t Help You", Phillipps grapples with the knowledge that he’s done harm to others, working through his feelings as his guitar and a whistling keyboard turn somersaults in the foreground. But the album is not without its missteps. Phillipps’ songs are most effective when his enemies are faceless and generalized-it’s better suited to the album’s storybook mystique. The leaden bromide "America Says Hello" comes off like a conspiracy theorist’s 3 . Ditto "Tomboy", a song about a girl who’s picked on by her classmates whose graceful melody and good intentions are undone by Phillipps’ numbing repetition of the title.
This album was issued in early 1996 under the group name Martin Phillipps and The Chills. After that the band again split, with Phillipps appearing in another one of David Kilgour's bands, the Heavy Eights. In 2004, an 8-song Chills mini-album called Stand By was issued, the first all-new Chills material in nine years. Phillipps' album liner notes promised: I am preparing to take the band in quite a new direction on the next album. And on that we will begin work shortly. In October 2015, the band issued Silver Bullets, their first album-length release in 19 years The band released Snow Bound its seventh album, on September 14, 2018.
Tracklist: 1. Father Time (0:34) 2. Warm Waveform (4:10) 3. Silver Bullets (3:58) 4. Underwater Wasteland (5:27) 5. America Says Hello (5:05) 6. Liquid Situation (0:50) 7. Pyramid, When the Poor Can Reach the Moon (8:03) 8. Aurora Corona (4:28) 9. I Can't Help You (3:10) 10. Tomboy (4:42) 11. Molten Gold (3:25). In 2013 The Chills joined Fire and Far South with their first release Somewhere Beautiful, a live LP unearthing rare recordings from a private NYE party. A full band tour is planned for early 2016. Martin Phillipps will also be taking to the road for solo shows across Europe this autumn.
The Chills - Silver Bullets Album: Silver Bullets (2015).
Only 4 left in stock (more on the way). Only 2 left in stock (more on the way). their first new album in 19 years! Product details. Audio CD (October 30, 2015). Number of Discs: 1. Label: Fire Records.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A5||America Says Hello|
|B7||Pyramid / When The Poor Can Reach The Moon
Guitar [Feedback] – James Dickson
|B9||I Can't Help You|
Choir – George Street Normal School
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fire Records
- Copyright (c) – Fire Records
- Published By – Fire Songs
- Copyright (c) – Martin Phillipps Music
- Recorded At – Karma Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Albany Street Studios
- Mixed At – Strongroom
- Mastered At – Karma Sound Studios
- Exclusive Retailer – Kickstarter
- Artwork – Bruce Mahalski
- Bass Guitar, Twelve-String Guitar, Keyboards, Backing Vocals, Percussion – James Dickson
- Cover, Design – Bruce Mahalski, John Foster , Martin Phillipps
- Drums, Santoor, Backing Vocals, Percussion – Todd Knudson
- Engineer [Additional], Producer [Pre-Production & Demos] – Mike Holland
- Engineer [Assistant] – Joe Murray , Tone Suttitanakool*
- Keyboards, Backing Vocals, Percussion – Oli Wilson
- Lead Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion – Martin Phillipps
- Mastered By – Shane Edwards
- Producer, Mixed By – Brendan Davies, Martin Phillipps
- Recorded By – Brendan Davies
- Technician [Additional Programming] – Oli Wilson
- Violin, Piano, Guitar, Backing Vocals, Percussion – Erica Scally
NotesInitially a limited edition of 50 copies on silver vinyl edition sold via Kickstarter to raise funding for 'The Chills Film - A Theatrical Documentary'. Extra copies were later sold on line by the record label.
Includes download code for MP3 version.
Printed inner sleeve with lyrics.
Track numbering is sequential on the sleeve.
Recorded at Karma Sound Studios, Thailand, October 2013 and Albany Street Studios, Dunedin New Zealand, June 2014.
Mixed at The Strong Room, London UK, August 2014.
Mastered at Karma Sound Studios, Thailand, May 2015.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (On sticker): 8 09236 13827 9
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): BF55434 - 01 A1 JP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): BF55434 - 01 B1 JP
|FIRELP382||The Chills||Silver Bullets (LP, Album)||Fire Records||FIRELP382||UK||2015|
|FIRECD382||The Chills||Silver Bullets (CD, Album, Promo)||Fire Records||FIRECD382||UK||2015|
|FIRECD382||The Chills||Silver Bullets (CD, Album)||Fire Records, Far South Records||FIRECD382||UK||2015|