David McAlmont and Michael Nyman - The Glare flac album
Title: The Glare
MP3 album: 1138 mb
FLAC album: 1342 mb
Other formats: APE ASF MP2 DMF DTS VOX AC3
Genre: Funk / Pop / Classical / Media
McAlmont performed material from that album at various jazz venues including Ronnie Scott's. In 2007 McAlmont provided backing vocals for Gabrielle's album Always, with Paul Weller on a song called "Why" which sampled Weller's "Wild Wood". Butler approached McAlmont to provide backing vocals for Duffy on Rockferry and for Sharleen Spiteri. In 2009, McAlmont released The Glare, a collaboration with leading classical composer Michael Nyman. Each of the songs is based on a different news story from the year In February 2011, SFE records released a live McAlmont set (featuring Bernard Butler on three tracks) as a CD and DVD package entitled Live From Leicester Square.
Complete your David McAlmont and Michael Nyman collection.
David McAlmont, Michael Nyman. Composer, Music Direction, Piano, Primary Artist, Producer.
Album · 2009 · 12 Songs. 2009 Michael Nyman Records. More By Michael Nyman. Man On Wire (Soundtrack from the Film).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||Take The Money And Run||3:13|
|2||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||Secrets, Accusations And Charges||3:33|
|3||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||City Of Turin||3:00|
|4||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||Friendly Fire||2:29|
|5||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||In Rai Don Giovanni||2:39|
|6||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||In Laos||6:29|
|7||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||Going To America||3:05|
|8||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||Fever Sticks And Bones||3:00|
|9||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||A Great Day In Kathmandu||2:41|
|10||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||Underneath The Hessian Bags||2:43|
|11||–McAlmont* And Nyman*||The Glare||2:42|
|Songs For Tony||17:25|
|12||–Michael Nyman||Songs For Tony
Alto Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone – Simon HaramAlto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – David RoachBaritone Saxophone – Andrew FindonPerformer – Nyman Sax QuartetTenor Saxophone – Robert Buckland*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – MN Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – MN Records Ltd.
- Pressed By – Technicolor – CAP00935
- Published By – Chester Music Ltd.
- Published By – Michael Nyman Ltd.
- Published By – David McAlmont
- Published By – Sony Music
- Recorded At – Angel Studios
- Recorded At – Olympic Studios
- Mixed At – Abbey Road Studios
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – David Roach (tracks: 1-11), Rob Buckland (tracks: 1-11)
- Baritone Saxophone, Flute, Alto Flute – Andrew Findon (tracks: 1-11)
- Bass Guitar – Martin Elliott (tracks: 1-11)
- Cello – Anthony Hinnigan* (tracks: 1-11)
- Composed By – Michael Nyman
- Design – Woven Design
- Engineer – Austin Ince
- Engineer [Assistant] – Mat Bartram (tracks: 1-11), Tom Hough (tracks: 12)
- Euphonium, Bass Trombone – Nigel Barr (tracks: 1-11)
- Horn – David Lee* (tracks: 1-11)
- Lyrics By – David McAlmont (tracks: 1-11)
- Mastered By – Steve Rooke (tracks: 1-11)
- Mixed By – Austin Ince (tracks: 1-11)
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Andrew Kitchen (tracks: 1-11)
- Performer – Michael Nyman Band* (tracks: 1-11)
- Photography By – RANKIN
- Photography By [Additional] – Robert Taylor
- Piano, Directed By – Michael Nyman (tracks: 1-11)
- Producer – Austin Ince (tracks: 1-11), David McAlmont (tracks: 1-11), Michael Nyman (tracks: 1-11), Simon Kiln (tracks: 12)
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Steve Sidwell (tracks: 1-11)
- Viola – Catherine Musker* (tracks: 1-11)
- Violin – Ian Humphries (tracks: 1-11), Morven Bryce (tracks: 1-11)
- Vocals – David McAlmont (tracks: 1-11)
NotesStandard jewel case.
More info on this release and the lyrics to the songs can be found at: http://www.michaelnyman.com/theglare
℗ & © MN Records Ltd.
Tracks 1-11, "The Glare":
Recorded at Angel Studio 3, London, 13, 14 and 31 July 2009.
Mixed at The Penthouse, Abbey Road Studios, 17 and 18 August 2009.
Masterd at Abbey Road Studios.
Tracks 1-8 & 11 published by Chester Music Limited/Michel Nyman Limited/David McAlmont 2009.
Tracks 9 & 10 published by Sony Music/Michael Nyman Limited/David McAlmont 2009.
Track 12, "Songs For Tony":
Recorded at Olympic Studios, 9 and 10 June 2008.
Published by Chester Music Limited/Michael Nyman Limited 1993.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 814199010036
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LR79
- Mould SID Code: IFPI UGAP
- Matrix / Runout: CAP00935 MNRCD116DLT 01 OMM Technicolor
- ASIN: B002N5KEOM
|none||David McAlmont and Michael Nyman||David McAlmont and Michael Nyman - The Glare (CDr, Album, Promo)||MN Records||none||UK||2009|