Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Architecture & Morality flac album
Title: Architecture & Morality
MP3 album: 1145 mb
FLAC album: 1186 mb
Other formats: MIDI AC3 ADX MP4 DXD MOD MP1
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD) are an English electronic band formed in Wirral, Merseyside in 1978. Spawned by earlier group The Id, the outfit is composed of co-founders Andy McCluskey (vocals, bass guitar) and Paul Humphreys (keyboards, vocals), along with Martin Cooper (various instruments) and Stuart Kershaw (drums); McCluskey is the only constant member
If there was a clear high point for OMD in terms of balancing relentless experimentation and seemingly unstoppable mainstream success in the . Architecture & Morality is it. Again combining everything from design and presentation to even the title into an overall artistic effort, this album showed that OMD was arguably the first Liverpool band since the later Beatles to make such a sweeping, all-bases-covered achievement - more so because OMD owed nothing to the Fab Four. All it takes is a consideration of the three smash singles from the album to see the group in full flower.
OMD made a quick return to form, however, on their third album, 1981's Architecture & Morality. Shaking off the dread of their music engaging with the public while simultaneously weathering critical scrutiny, OMD shows a greater facility for pop melody, crafting songs of aching fragility rather than off-putting gloom.
Architecture & Morality. 9. The Beginning of the End. 03:44. Bonustracks (Re-Issue 2003, 2007). Other productions from Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark.
Joan of Arc (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark song). Joan of Arc" is a song by British band Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD), released as the second single from their third studio album Architecture & Morality. It became an international hit, reaching the Top 5 in the UK and Canada and number 13 in Ireland.
Album · 1981 · 16 Songs. More By Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark. See All. The Best of OMD.
|A1||The New Stone Age||3:18|
|B1||Joan Of Arc||3:46|
|B2||Joan Of Arc (Maid Of Orleans)||4:11|
|B3||Architecture & Morality||3:37|
|B5||The Beginning And The End||3:44|
- Bass, Guitar, Horns [Reed], Mellotron, Organ, Percussion [Acoustic, Electronic], Programmed By [Rhythm], Synthesizer, Vocals – Andrew McCluskey*
- Design – Brett Wickens, Peter Saville
- Drums, Percussion [Acoustic, Electronic], Synthesizer [Bass] – Malcolm Holmes
- Engineer – Howard Gray, Richard Manwaring
- Engineer [Mix] – Brian Tench
- Mellotron, Melodica, Organ, Percussion [Acoustic, Electronic], Performer [Radios], Piano, Programmed By [Rhythm], Synthesizer, Vocals – Paul Humphreys
- Organ [Electronic], Piano, Synthesizer – Michael Douglas
- Photography – Eric Watson, Robin Roddey
- Producer – OMD*, Richard Manwaring (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to B5)
- Saxophone – Martin Cooper
- Written-By – McCluskey* (tracks: A1, A2, A4 to B5), Humphreys* (tracks: A2 to A4, B3 to B5)
|DID12, Did 12||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (LP, Album, Yel)||Dindisc, Dindisc||DID12, Did 12||UK||1981|
|DIDCD 12||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (CD, Album)||Dindisc||DIDCD 12||UK||1983|
|none||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (Box + CD)||EMI Music Greece||none||Greece||2007|
|ARE 37721||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (LP, Album, Ter)||Epic||ARE 37721||US||1981|
|72435-82750-2-5||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Architecture & Morality (CD, Album, RM)||Virgin||72435-82750-2-5||US||2003|