James Tenney, The Barton Workshop - Melody, Ergodicity And Indeterminacy flac album
Title: Melody, Ergodicity And Indeterminacy
Style: Contemporary, Experimental
MP3 album: 1453 mb
FLAC album: 1158 mb
Other formats: APE VQF FLAC AHX AIFF DXD MP4
Genre: Electronic / Classical
Composed By – James Tenney. Ensemble – The Barton Workshop. Executive-Producer, Art Direction – Brian Brandt. Musician, Baritone Vocals – Charles van Tassel. Musician, Bass Clarinet – John Anderson (12). Musician, Bassoon – Krijn van Arnhem. Musician, Cello – Nina Hitz. Musician, Contrabass – Stefan Pliquett. Musician, Flute – Jos Zwaanenburg. Musician, Percussion – Tobias Liebezeit.
Melody Ergodicity & Indeterminacy. Melody, Ergodicity and Indeterminacy. Sample this album Artist - Artist (Sample). by The Barton Workshop & Jos Zwaanenburg. Poem by The Barton Workshop & Jos Zwaanenburg. Ergodos II by The Barton Workshop.
This program mixes up works from three major areas where Tenney was especially productive; pieces for solo instruments and one piano duo, electronic works created on computers, and chamber pieces that incorporate a few instruments along with a computer track. All of the ensemble playing by the Barton Workshop's is very crisp in such loosely defined music; at one point in the Ergodos III Frank Denyer and Nora Mulder veer into a completely tonal passage out of more scattered material that proceeds it, and the effect is natural and feels like it belongs.
String Complement - Ergodos II - James Tenney, Barton Workshop. 7. Seegersong No. 2 - James Tenney, Jos Zwaanenburg. 8. Instrumental Responses - Ergodos I - James Tenney, Charles van Tassel, Barton Workshop. Listen to Melody, Ergodicity and Indeterminacy in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Melody, Ergodicity and Indeterminacy. The Barton Workshop & Jos Zwaanenburg. Your browser does not support the audio element. Ergodos I.
Tenney: Melody, Ergodicity & Indeterminacy James Tenney. Listen on Apple Music. Charles van Tassel, James Tenney & Barton Workshop. 9. Ergodos III. Nora Mulder & Frank Denyer. 10. Percussion Response - Ergodos I.
Find great deals for James Tenney - (Melody, Ergodicity and Indeterminacy, 2008). Tenney was a known quality mostly to other composers who had either studied with him or read his incisive, pioneering texts on new musical resources. Read full description. See details and exclusions. See all 5 brand new listings.
Indeterminacy is a composing approach in which some aspects of a musical work are left open to chance or to the interpreter's free choice. John Cage, a pioneer of indeterminacy, defined it as "the ability of a piece to be performed in substantially different ways". The earliest significant use of music indeterminacy features is found in many of the compositions of American composer Charles Ives in the early 20th century
Melody, Ergodicity And Indeterminacy (2007, The Barton Workshop, Mode Records). Arbor Vitæ: Quatuors + Quintettes (2008, Quatuor Bozzini). Spectrum Pieces (2009, The Barton Workshop, New World Records). Old School: James Tenney (2010, Zeitkratzer). Having Never Written a Note for Percussion (2015, Rrose, Further Records). Bass Works (2016, Dario Calderone, hat ART). Harmonium (2018, Scordatura Ensemble, New World Records).
Tracklist Hide Credits
Flute – Jos Zwaanenburg
Clarinet – John Anderson
Clarinet – John Anderson
|6||String Complement (With Ergodos II)||10:27|
Flute – Jos Zwaanenburg
|8||Instrumental Responses (With Ergodos I)||8:48|
Piano – Frank Denyer, Nora Mulder
|10||Percussion Response (With Ergodos I)
Percussion – Tobias Liebezeit
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mode
- Copyright (c) – Mode
- Composed By – James Tenney
- Ensemble – The Barton Workshop
- Executive-Producer, Art Direction – Brian Brandt
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Baritone Vocals – Charles van Tassel
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Bass Clarinet – John Anderson
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Bassoon – Krijn van Arnhem
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Cello – Nina Hitz
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Contrabass – Stefan Pliquett
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Flute – Jos Zwaanenburg
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Percussion – Tobias Liebezeit
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Piano – Frank Denyer, Nora Mulder
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Trombone – James Fulkerson
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Viola – Manuel Visser
- Musician [The Barton Workshop Member], Violin – Jacob Plooij
- Photography By [Cover] – Lauren Pratt
- Photography By [Inlay] – Carolee Schneemann
- Producer, Liner Notes – James Fulkerson
- Recorded By, Edited By, Mastered By – Robert Bosch
NotesRecorded January 31, February 1, 2007 at Het Bethanienkloster, Amsterdam; February 22, 2007 at Sweelinck Conservatorium.
Track 1: Composed 1955.
Track 2: Composed 1963.
Track 3: Composed 1959.
Track 4: Composed 1964.
Track 5: Composed 1999.
Track 6: Composed 1964.
Track 7: Composed 1999.
Track 8: Composed 1964.
Track 9: Composed 1994.
Track 10: Composed 1964.
Made & printed in USA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 64593 01852 0