Giant Sand - Giant Songs Two: The Best Of Giant Sand Volume Two flac album
Title: Giant Songs Two: The Best Of Giant Sand Volume Two
Style: Alternative Rock
MP3 album: 1929 mb
FLAC album: 1610 mb
Other formats: DXD AA MIDI MMF DMF MP4 MP1
GIANT SONGS TWO is their second best-of compilation (GIANT SONGS: THE BEST OF GIANT SAND was released six years earlier in 1989). These 16 songs were culled from eight albums; two songs were drawn from Band of Blacky Ranchette's, their offshoot band, release SAGE ADVICE. Gelb's songs and singing follows its own uniquely inviting path through rootsy rock, skewed country, and hefty dollops of psychedelia. There's flat out rockers ("Can't Find Love"), Dylan-like epics ("Trickle Down System"), and southwest desert folk ("Who Am I?")
GIANT SONGS TWO is their second best-of compilation (GIANT SONGS: THE BEST OF GIANT SAND was released six years earlier in 1989). There's flat out rockers ("Can't Find Love"), Dylan-like epics ("Trickle Down System"), and southwest desert folk ("Who Am I?")
This Giant Sand discography is ranked from best to worst, so the top Giant Sand albums can be found at the top of the list. To make it easy for you, we haven't included Giant Sand singles, EPs, or compilations, though Howie Gelb & co have certainly put out some diverse recordings over the years.
Release group by Giant Sand. 2. Release group information. Type: Album + Compilation.
Giant Sand (also currently recording as Giant Giant Sand) is an American band from Tucson, Arizona. Its most constant member is singer-songwriter Howe Gelb. The group started as Giant Sandworms in the late 1970s post-punk and paisley underground scenes. They later shortened their name and developed an idiosyncratic sound rooted in alternative country but touching on a wide range of other styles and featuring Gelb's beatnik-influenced vocals and songwriting.
After a four-year wait, Giant Sand return with more Howe Gelb-orchestrated desert madness. PJ Harvey, M. Ward, Neko Case, and Isobell Campbell each make contributions to the record. An all but impenetrable discography makes the situation that much more confusing. proVISIONS may be the first Giant Sand record since 2004's Is All Over the Map, but both have been part of a never-ending stream of Gelb-related releases. Gelb has called Giant Sand "a mood," and that's sure true on cinematic songs such as "Increment of Love" and "Pitch & Sway". Later the loose funk of "Muck Machine", "Saturated Beyond Repair", and the stumbling, obliquely soulful "Belly Full of Fire" find Gelb more forceful and groove-oriented.
Music, Songs & Lyrics. A Member Of The STANDS4 Network. Our awesome collection of. Promoted Songs.
|1||–Giant Sand||Can't Find Love||4:32|
|2||–Giant Sand||Get To Leave||3:55|
|3||–Giant Sand||Town With Little Or No Pity||3:18|
|4||–The Band Of Blacky Ranchette||Dreamville New Mexico||3:46|
|5||–Giant Sand||October Anywhere||4:58|
|6||–Giant Sand||Almost The Plitician's Wife||3:56|
|7||–The Band Of Blacky Ranchette||Badlands||4:03|
|8||–Giant Sand||Trickle Down System||5:10|
|9||–Giant Sand||Love Like A Train||4:07|
|10||–The Band Of Blacky Ranchette||Sage Advice||6:00|
|11||–Giant Sand||Sisters And Bothers||3:55|
|13||–Giant Sand||Death Dying And Channel 5||4:15|
|14||–Giant Sand||Who Am I?||1:58|
|15||–Giant Sand||Sucker In A Cage||5:13|
|16||–Giant Sand||Christmas Everyday (Maybe It'll Help)||3:47|
- Backing Vocals – Celeste C. Milius (tracks: 8, 11), Stephanie Shane (tracks: 8, 11)
- Backing Vocals [Harmony] – Scott Garber (tracks: 5, 13)
- Bass – Jacob Martinez (tracks: 7), Mark Walton (tracks: 1, 8, 11), Paula Jean Brown* (tracks: 3, 6, 9, 14), Randy McReynolds (tracks: 10), Scott Garber (tracks: 5, 13 to 14), Steve Wendling (tracks: 4)
- Drums – John Convertino (tracks: 1 to 2, 6, 8 to 9, 11 to 12, 15 to 16), Tom Larkins (tracks: 3 to 5, 7, 10, 13 to 14), Winston A. Watson Jr.* (tracks: 5, 13)
- Guitar – Bob Soto (tracks: 4), Steve Wynn (tracks: 8, 11)
- Guitar [Pedal Steel] – Neil Harry (tracks: 4, 7)
- Guitar [Slide, Dobro] – Rainer (tracks: 7)
- Guitar [Slide] – Paco "Wolftung" Paycheck (tracks: 10)
- Organ – Chris Cacavas (tracks: 6, 8, 9, 11)
- Piano – Howe Gelb (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 8, 11 to 16)
- Producer – Eric Westfall (tracks: 2 to 3, 5 to 7, 9, 12 to 16), Giant Sand (tracks: 1, 8, 11, 14), Howe Gelb (tracks: 2 to 7, 9 to 10, 12 to 16), John Convertino (tracks: 2, 12, 15 to 16), Scott Garber (tracks: 5, 13)
- Producer [Assistant] – B. Ranchette* (tracks: 4, 10)
- Violin – Bridget Keating (tracks: 10)
- Vocals – Cantrell Marriott* (tracks: 10), Juliana Hatfield (tracks: 1), Paula Jean Brown* (tracks: 3, 8, 11, 14)
- Vocals, Guitar – Howe Gelb
- Written-By – Howe Gelb, John Convertino (tracks: 1)
NotesTracks 5 & 13 taken from 'VALLEY OF RAIN' (ZONGCD 008).
Track 14 taken from 'BALLAD OF A THIN LINE MAN' (ZONGCD 013).
Track 7 taken from 'HEARTLAND' (ZONG 014).
Track 3 taken from 'STORM' (FIENDCD 115).
Tracks 6 & 9 taken from 'THE LOVE SONGS' (FIENDCD 129).
Tracks 2, 12 & 15 taken from 'LONG STEM RANT' (FIENDCD 164).
Tracks 4 & 10 taken from 'SAGE ADVICE' (FIENDCD 181).
Tracks 1, 8 & 11 taken from 'Swerve' (FIENDCD 204).
Track 16 was the A-side of a 'PROMO-ONLY SINGLE' (D1066P).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 40155 00022 6