Stomu Yamashta - Raindog flac album
Style: Fusion, Future Jazz, Jazz-Rock, Avantgarde
MP3 album: 1930 mb
FLAC album: 1294 mb
Other formats: AHX MP1 DXD WMA MP2 XM TTA
Genre: Electronic / Jazz / Rock
Stomu Yamashta – Raindog. This is the kind of album that gets better with each repeated listen. So much musical greatness going on. The Esoteric remaster is absolutely fantastic as well as notes. Jazz, pop, electronics, all in one gorgeous album. Reply Notify me Helpful.
Stomu Yamashta (or Yamash'ta), born Tsutomu Yamashita (山下勉 Yamashita Tsutomu, 15 March 1947), is a Japanese percussionist, keyboardist and composer. He is best known for pioneering and popularising a fusion of traditional Japanese percussive music with Western progressive rock music in the 1960s and 1970s. In the latter part of the 1970s, he led the supergroup "Go" with Steve Winwood, Al Di Meola, Klaus Schulze, and Michael Shrieve.
Stomu Yamashta is a Japanese percussionist and, as everyone has said, one of jazz-rock pioneers all over the world. This 'Raindog' is his fifth album from Island Records, faithfully re-produced with the 'Raindog' event in London - after his previous band East Wind breaking out. The quality and activity of this album can notify us that Stomu would not be depressive in the disbandment and would be still positive for music and creation. The first track Dunes has jazzy and speedy percussive sounds tinged with slight psychedelic or spacey flavour. His wife's violin is very.
Stomu Yamashta - Raindog (1975). Artist: Stomu Yamashta.
In addition, seven bonus cuts are included making this the definitive version of this undisputed pop masterpiece.
CD - Universal Distribution. Stomu Yamashta was closely connected to the acting world, composing music for the Parisian Red Buddha Theater group, pieces which were transformed into his debut Red Buddha album, and for cinema - his soundtrack for the film One on One was recorded and released as his band East Wind's second album. Raindog, the band's follow-up, began life as a multimedia event held at London's Roundhouse in 1975, featuring the Red Buddha players as well as a number of British actors.
Stomu Yamashta, Steve Winwood, Michael Shrieve. Stomu Yamashta, Steve Winwood, Michael Shrieve.
The World of Stomu Yamashta. Live, 1971, Columbia Records. Album, 1976, Island Records, Pathé Marconi, Esoteric Recordings.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|4||The Monks Song||6:01|
Written-By, Composed By, Arranged By – Gascoigne*
- Record Company – Universal International
- Marketed By – Universal Music LLC
- Distributed By – Universal Music LLC
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Island Records
- Copyright (c) – Universal Island Records
- Remastered At – Universal Mastering Studios, Japan
- Bass – Daito Fujita
- Design [Cover Concept And Design] – Eckford Stimpson*
- Drums – Hozumi Tanaka
- Engineer – Phil Brown*
- Guitar – Gary Boyle, Tsuneo Matsumoto
- Lyrics By – Giovanni Dadomo
- Photography By [Front Cover] – Monty Coles
- Piano, Clavinet, Synthesizer – Brian Gascoigne
- Remastered By – Hitoshi Takiguchi
- Violin – Hisako Yamashta
- Vocals – Maxine Nightingale, Murray Head
- Written-By, Composed By, Arranged By, Percussion – Stomu Yamashta*
Notes'24 bit Remaster 2009'
Comes in a CD sized papersleeve album replica, with:
2. Insert with info about the SHM-CD format
3. Insert with photos of the original labels (numbered)
4. Insert of notes mostly in Japanese (also includes English lyrics)
5. Printed inner-sleeve
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 4988005561350
- Matrix / Runout: UICY-94106 1W V
- Matrix / Runout: [4 x Universal Music logo]
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L244
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 4011
- Rights Society: JASRAC
|ILPS 9319||Stomu Yamashta*||Raindog (LP, Album)||Island Records||ILPS 9319||UK||1975|
|ILPS 9319||Stomu Yamashta*||Raindog (LP, Album)||Island Records||ILPS 9319||Italy||1975|
|ILPS/ZC1/Y81 9319||Stomu Yamashta*||Raindog (Cass, Album, Spe)||Island Records||ILPS/ZC1/Y81 9319||UK||1975|
|L 35536||Stomu Yamashta*||Raindog (LP, Album)||Island Records||L 35536||Australia||1975|
|2C 064-96.498||Stomu Yamashta*||Raindog (LP, Album)||Pathé Marconi EMI||2C 064-96.498||France||1975|