Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Organisation flac album
MP3 album: 1173 mb
FLAC album: 1720 mb
Other formats: VQF AUD WMA MP2 VOX APE MPC
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark is the self-titled debut album by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, released in 1980. It peaked at number 27 in the UK Albums Chart. Electricity" and "Red Frame/White Light" were low charting singles taken from the record.
Producer – Mike Howlett, Orchestral Manoeuvres. Remastered By – Simon Heyworth.
If OMD's debut album showed the band could succeed just as well on full-length efforts as singles, Organisation upped the ante even further, situating the band in the enviable position of at once being creative innovators and radio-friendly pop giants
New-Wave Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark. Band's List New-Wave Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark Organisation. Band Name Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark. Album Name Organisation. Released date 24 October 1980. Labels Virgin Records DinDisc. Members owning this album8. Re-Issue in 2003 by Virgin.
For their debut album, see Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (album). Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. Co-founders Andy McCluskey and Paul Humphreys in 2011. Background information. In September 1978, the same month he left Dalek I Love You, McCluskey rejoined Humphreys and their VCL XI project was renamed Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. The name was gleaned from a list of song lyrics and ideas that were written on McCluskey's bedroom wall; the name was chosen so as not to be mistaken for a punk band.
Album · 1980 · 15 Songs. More By Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark. See All. The Best of OMD. 1987.
Produced by: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Richard Manwaring and Mike Howlett. Recorded: In 1980 -1981 at The Gramophone Suite, Liverpool and The Manor Studio, Shipton-on-Cherwell. Label: DinDisc, Virgin. Enola Gay was the only single released from the album. VCLXI was the name of Andy and Paul’s early experimental partnership. The title actually comes from a number on a valve that features on the reverse of the sleeve for Kraftwerk’s album Radioactivity. This version featured on the B-Side of Souvenir. The lyrics in Statues are partially about Ian Curtis, the lead singer of Joy Division who died in May 1980.
|A4||Motion And Heart||3:08|
|B2||The More I See You||4:00|
- Made By – Victor Musical Industries, Inc.
- Licensed From – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Ridge Farm Studios
- Recorded At – Advision Studios
- Mixed At – Ridge Farm Studios
- Mixed At – Advision Studios
- Recorded At – The Gramophone Suite
- Drums, Percussion [Acoustic] – Malcolm Holmes
- Engineer – Lawrence Diana*, Max Norman
- Engineer [Assistant] – Pete Wolliscroft*
- Producer – Mike Howlett, Orchestral Manoeuvres*
- Synthesizer, Bass, Organ [Electronic], Piano [Treated], Programmed By [Rhythm], Percussion [Acoustic And Electronic], Vocals – Andy McCluskey
- Synthesizer, Organ [Electronic], Electric Piano, Piano, Programmed By [Rhythm], Percussion [Acoustic And Electronic], Vocals – Paul Humphreys
NotesPromo symbols on white labels.
Recorded and mixed at Ridge Farm and Advision, apart from "2nd Thought" recorded at The Gramophone Suite.
Engineered by Max Norman at Ridge Farm, and Lawrence Diana at Advision.
Made in Japan by Victor Musical Industries, Inc.
Licensed by Virgin Records Ltd., England
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side 1): DID-6-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1): 〄Ⓑ DID 6A 121✠
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side 2): DID-6-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2): DID 6B 111✠
- Rights Society: JASRAC
- Other: DIN-6967
- Other (Price): ¥2,500
|DID 6, Dep2||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (LP, Album + 7", EP)||Dindisc, Dindisc||DID 6, Dep2||UK||1980|
|402 971||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (Cass, Album)||Dindisc||402 971||Netherlands||1980|
|202.971||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (LP, Album)||Dindisc, Virgin||202.971||Netherlands||1980|
|DID 6||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (LP, Album, RE)||Dindisc||DID 6||Australia||Unknown|
|DIDCDR6, 7243 581506 2 9||Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark||Organisation (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Virgin, Virgin||DIDCDR6, 7243 581506 2 9||UK & Europe||Unknown|